You can rely on our extensive experience getting justice against police.
Many people have bad experiences with the police but don’t know what to do. Few lawyers are willing take on the police. We will aggressively pursue all of your legal options.
- Civil lawsuits against police
- Police complaints
- Coroner’s inquests
- Criminal charges against police
- Freedom of information requests
- Complaints to the Ontario Human Rights Tribunal
CRIMINAL LAW AND PROTEST DEFENCE
Charney Law brings a social justice focus to our criminal defence practice. We practice in all areas of criminal defence.
Our firm opposes the war on drugs. We will pursue all legal issues in drug cases including unlawful police searches.
Protest Related Offenses
We know what it’s like to be arrested for protesting. We’ve been there ourselves. We support the right to protest and will challenge police and Crown attorneys who might seek to criminalize protests, expression and assembly.
We recognize that Indigenous peoples face unique challenges in the legal system. We will work with you to pursue all legal defences. We take the time to get things right. We understand and support Indigenous struggles for self-determination. We oppose colonization and mass incarceration.
We understand the needs of licensed firearms owners.
We have experience with the Firearms Act and its regulations but recognize that police, crown attorneys and judges may not. We are a full service firm for firearms cases.
- Criminal charges
- Careless use/storage
- PAL revocations and denials
- Judicial reviews
- Firearms seizures
- Prohibition orders
- Peace bonds
SEXUAL ASSAULT LAW
We assist survivors of sexual assault to navigate the civil justice system and seek redress on their own terms.
Speak with one of our lawyers if any of the following has happened to you:
- Sexual assault
- Harassment, exploitation, bullying, or abuse of power.
- Taking intimate photographs, videos or other recordings of you without your knowledge or consent.
- Non-consensual dissemination of intimate photographs, videos or other recordings.
- Defamation that attacks your sexual integrity or is discriminatory.